Sunday, September 8, 2013

Process and Product

This process always works pretty well for me. Sometimes my laziness tries to make me just do a single draft, still revising a few times but not near as much as I should. Having mandatory drafts breaks this often vicious cycle for me. I am able to write down my initial ideas, almost like a sketch of what is on my mind and what I am trying top portray to the readers. From there, I am able to break down what I want to say and use that to better a second draft, which is often what I will take and polish to be my final paper. It also stops my from not starting it until later. I've found that when I don't have to do anything prior to turning the final paper, I will almost always wait until the last minute and have to rush through to get the paper done in time. This way I get to really explore the creative process, slow everything down and complete a truly better paper from the ashes of my initial drafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment